This policy outlines the practices of Peekaboo Photos (Woodford Green, Essex) – both for this website and for clients. Your privacy preferences are of the utmost priority. Please do ensure you communicate any specific requests.
This policy also explains how we comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the DPA (Data Protection Act) and the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations).
This website may use to cookies to improve your experience while visiting. If you wish to deny the use and saving of cookies then you can change your settings within your web browser to block all cookies from this website.
External Website Links
All external links on this website are chosen careful, however, users are advised to use caution before clicking any external web links as Peekaboo Photos cannot guarantee or verify the contents. External websites are used at own risk.
If you wish to contact Peekaboo Photos you can do so via the contact us form or via email / phone.
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide personal details at their own risk.
The information you voluntarily provide will be used purely to respond to your enquiry. No information will be passed to a third party (unless specifically required by your request) and you will not be added to a newsletter without specific consent. Your personal information is kept private and stored until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
All information you provide is voluntary and used to provide photographic services. Data is collected through direct interactions, such as the booking form and communications (phone, email, text, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp).
Data is not passed to third parties, apart from in the direct provision of services (for example, for delivery of products).
Data stored includes (and is not limited to):
- Identity – your name and the identities of others attending session.
- Contact – address, email, phone numbers.
- Transaction – details of your photo session, purchases and payments.
- Data involving children –children’s names and ages.
- Any personal preferences / needs / requests.
Data is stored on a secure GDPR compliant database to aid Peekaboo Photos to provide bespoke services to you, if requested, in the future. Data is also stored as required by law (such as for tax purposes).
If you do not wish Peekaboo Photos to hold specific data please do not provide it or ask for it to be deleted. Please note that services cannot be provided without the collection of some data, specifically that required for service delivery and legal requirements such as tax.
Newsletter / Marketing
Currently, Peekaboo Photos does not have an email marketing programme. For updates on current offers please see the Facebook page. I may keep in touch with you personally from time to time with information relevant to you, you can choose to opt out of this on the client booking form or via email.
Photographs are considered data by the GDPR data rules. Images taken by Peekaboo Photos are used as follows:
- Stored on hard drive and backed up on a secure cloud storage system.
- Watermarked proof images are uploaded to this website and stored in password protected galleries until your order. Images are deleted from the website in a timely manner.
- Images may be passed to trusted professional suppliers (such as printers) only for the direct provision of services.
- If you request a direct download of purchased images a service such as Dropbox will be used.
- Unless requested otherwise, images are stored as back up after your purchase in case of loss / damage and for proof of copyright. Please note this is not a guaranteed service and you should ensure you back up your photographs personally as well.
- Images are stored for a minimum of 6 months after your session but held in archive unless you request otherwise.
As a small business, we are grateful for permission to use images for marketing. This is completely at your discretion. You can opt in / out of this on the booking form. Marketing includes (and not limited to):
- Social media including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram.
- Photographic competitions / mentoring.
- Printed studio samples (such as wall art).
- Peekaboo Photos website.
- Other online and printed publications including marketing advertisements.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can find more information and definitions here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you have any questions or would like to invoke any of the above rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org